Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby Update

I thought I'd post a quick baby update for friends & family who are interested.  I had my first appointment with the doctor and my second ultrasound on Tuesday.  What a relief it is to see a little heart beating and such amazing growth from just a few weeks ago.  Little arm and leg buds and a sweet little human form (no more tail).  A hemorrhage issue that they caught early on is beginning to resolve itself.  The CNP was reasonably helpful and willing to work with me so that I can get necessary care, but not have to pay for tests I felt were unnecessary.  Actually, we had a lot of compromising to do, and she is probably  hoping that I see another provider next time since I can be a bit 'doctor defiant'.  Still, it was an informative appointment.

This weekend I have reached the ten week mark in my pregnancy.  Technically it isn't too significant in any medical or developmental terms.  Yet it feels like a milestone of sorts to me.  I've made it a quarter of the way through my pregnancy.  I'm half-way to knowing whether we will be shopping for pink or blue.  I've gotten to see my baby twice so far, and while the second time was to check on a potential complication, I have such peace knowing I was able to see my precious little one healthy and growing in my womb.  I feel truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment